Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's All About Salsa



I've been told that I make pretty good salsa.  My sister makes a pretty darn good salsa too.  It's been a while since I've made it, but I was feeling a little ambitious.  Here's a list of the ingredients that I used -

Roma Tomatoes
Cherry Tomatoes
Tomatillos
Lime juice
Cilantro
Jalapeno
Chipoltle Peppers
Can of Diced Tomatoes with Sweet Onion
Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
Can of Sweet Corn
Dehydrated Onions






Sorry, no actual amounts.  Its different every time.  Its all about taste and what ingredients that I have on hand.  I made three different kinds.  One with no cilantro (for Dave - I usually don't care whether or not he likes it).  One with pineapple.  And the last one with pineapple and corn. 



Here are the tomatillos that I got at the neighborhood Mexican supermarket.  They are so much nicer and cheaper there. - 



This is the package of frozen Chipoltle peppers.  I opened a can of Chipoltle peppers and froze what I didn't use the last time.  I just break of a portion of it. -





And this is my partner - the blender. -



Sometimes I will make a batch up and can it.  I have even had people buy it.  I would love to market it but that would take an actual recipe and lots of money.   

Now all I need is chips and I'm good to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment