Saturday, April 16, 2011

CREATIVE COOKING

Or is it??
I was surprised by this incredible note from my granddaughter one day after she had spaghetti and meatballs at my house. 
I love to cook and especially if the grand kids will eat it.  Her mom doesn't really like to cook and could use a few more cooking skills.  I even tried to enter her in a worst cook contest a few years ago.  I really did try to inspire her when she was growing up but...

This is what I fixed for dinner tonight off the top of my head.


I'll call it Sausage Orange Marmalade Pasta.  No one is home to eat it but me.  Hubby is working until late, then I'll force feed him.
Here is the recipe:

1lb of sausage (browned)
2cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup cauliflower pieces
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
2 cups cooked pasta noodles
I sauteed it all together (except for the noodles) for about 5-10 minutes until the cabbage cooked down some.  Then stirred in the pasta and placed in a covered casserole dish for 30 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven.  Then baked  for an additional 15 minutes uncovered. 

I know it sounds strange but the orange marmalade and Worcestershire sauce were great together.  And you could leave out the sausage for a vegetarian version.

I don't know if  I could convince my granddaughter to try it though.  But she does surprise me sometimes how much she trusts my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment