Thursday, May 5, 2011

KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID)

Sometimes I have to remind myself to KISS (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID).  Today I am making a pot roast.  My hubby likes nothing better than meat and potatoes.  I know a lot of times I will add one ingredient and he feels I ruined it.  He'll say "I'm sorry but there is some flavor, I don't know what it is but..." 

All I did with the pot roast was chop up potatoes, carrots and onions.  I added frozen southwestern style corn, water, salt, pepper and worcestshire sauce.  I am going to bake it all day on 250 degrees.  Now KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID - don't add anything else.  You don't know how hard that is for me.


This reminds me of when I was growing up.  Mom would bake a pot roast like this, and I can still remember the smell.
.

She used her largest corning ware dish.  It had the trivet and the detachable handle.   

That really does bring back memories.  Good comfort food.  My quest will be to get a set like it.   Well it help me make a better pot roast?  I hope so.  But I am missing one thing - a bay leaf.  Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment